To make it possible for the Christmas market at Spittelberg to take place again this year, new regulations were necessary.The city of Vienna together with the Christmas markets of Vienna, the Chamber of Commerce (WKO) and the deputy of the Medical University Vienna Center for Public Health have prepared rules for a safe environment and to make this event:
The 3 most important points are:
- Obligation to wear masks applies to everyone: visitors, stand/hut operators and all employees
- Distance rule of 1 meter must be followed in front of the huts/stands, in the rest areas (at the bar tables, where a maximum of 4 people are allowed) and throughout the entire market area
- Regular hand hygiene: hand disinfection is possible at all entrances with the disinfectant dispensers provided, and regular disinfection of all sale and rest areas is ensured.
Therefore, put your mask on, keep your distance and follow the hand hygiene standards, and then you can enjoy the Christmas season fully.
General rules for the entire market area:
1. This year there will be fewer huts than in previous years and the distances between many huts will be bigger.
2. All visitors, market operators, employees and staff members must wear a mask.
3. The minimum distance between persons is 1 meter.
4. Security staff will patrol the market area and make sure that the regulations are observed.
5. Stand/Hut operators and their staff may also address visitors pointing out the minimum distance to be kept, the mask obligation, what to do when coughing or sneezing, and hand hygiene.
6. Disinfectant dispensers are available at all huts and stands and in the entrance zones.
7. There will be no children's program, no indoor activities and no musical performances.
8. The sanitary facilities for all visitors and hut operators will be those of the pubs that operate a punch stand. There are disinfectant dispensers there as well. In addition, it is mandatory to wear a mask in these areas - also when using the toilet.
9. Gastronomy stands are equipped with acrylic glass walls and spitting protection in the sales area. Signs mark the entrance and exit. No food or drink may be consumed at the huts or stands. Instead, there are rest areas for this purpose.
10. The rest areas have a distance of 1m between the tables. A maximum of 4 people may stand at the bar tables.
11. Voluntary contact tracing: data collection sheets will be available at the market stands and the QR code for the red cross app will be visible.
12. All visitors and employees of the Vienna Christmas markets are have to wear a mask at all times. They may only be taken off for the consumption of food and beverages. The security staff will ensure that this rule is followed. The hut and stand operators will also point this out to their customers.
13 The operators of the market huts and stands will ensure regular cleaning and disinfection of the sales counters and bar tables.
14. The employees of the sales huts and stands serve their customers as quickly as possible and will, if there is a crowd in front of a stand, politely ask the visitors to keep a sufficient distance and, if necessary, will request them to continue walking and come back later.
14. The obligation to wear masks applies to the entire market area and is also communicated everywhere.
15. The security staff will offer masks to visitors without masks if necessary. The operators of the market stalls will also have simple masks in stock, so that all visitors are equipped according to the rules.
We are aware that this is an exceptional situation this year and, for the safety and health of all concerned, we ask you to always observe the regulations and, if necessary, to inform others of these regulations. Finally, we recommend the installation of the "Stopp Corona" app of the Austrian Red Cross in order to enable tracking of cluster formation and to facilitate the containment of the pandemic.
Finally, stay healthy, wear your mask correctly, also COVERING YOUR NOSE. We wish you a nice time at the Spittelberg Christmas Market and looking forward to your visit!